Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday was awesome

Pictures are in no particular order.




























































Today the weather was not as nice as yesterday, but no rain at least. However I really did enjoy the day. The crew that I was on my launch was great. We all got along very well. I was able to get onto land three times and explore and climb around on the rocks. Also we saw tow humpback whales, a bunch of seals, more Dall’s porpoises, and yes more bald eagles.

Being able to go onshore was really special for me. I was not sure this was something I would be able to do. We were never on land for all that long, but it was a very nice treat. Climbing on and around the rocks was great. Climbing on and off of the launch boat was pretty sketchy. The driver tries his best to get you very close but there are rocks all over the place.


From here we will start making our course to Seattle. We were just told that we WILL be going through the “inside passage” which is supposed to be absolutely spectacular. I can’t wait.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mr. A.!
    - We miss you so much!!! I just wanted to know what kind of information you found so far on your expedition? Hope your having fun!!! See you on Tuesday.

    - Sarra Hochberg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarra,
    thanks so much, it is good to hear from you. i have learned a lot about SONAR mapping of the sea floor, and about the ship's navigation systems. i will have lots of pictures and stories to share with you when i get back.
    Mr. A

    ReplyDelete