Sunday, May 16, 2010

Off to Petersburg and the boat

I am sitting in the Anchorage airport looking at beautiful mountains in all directions. My stay is Anchorage was short but sweet. I only have one second before boarding my flight this morning. The trip so far has been very smooth. I had some amazing crab legs, shrimp, mussels and clams for dinner last night. It did not get dark until 11 or 12 last night (i was already sleeping). Today I went for a very short walk around Lake Hood, then stuffed myself on pancakes, eggs and coffee. I am wearing my NOAA Teacher at Sea T-shirt, and am ready to meet my boat, the Fairweather.

Next post will be onboard the ship.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing about your first (seasick?) days on the research boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pscyhed for you to get to see the outer reaches of our planet...it does not get much more rugged
    than the Alaska wilderness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must finally get to go to Alaska!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete