Thursday, May 20, 2010

Slow Day/Amazing sunset Wed. night

The main reason I wanted to update today was to talk about and show you the most amazing Alaskan sunset on Wed. night. As you can see I am definitely taking pictures, as you might expect. Here are some from the top deck of the ship.

Today was fairly slow and uneventful. Why? Well I was scheduled to go out on another launch today but the crane that lifts the boat off the ship was not working. So...I stayed on the boat and helped with the collection/scanning of deeper waters. The small boats scan shallow water and the ship does deeper.
I spent most of the day in the plot room, helping out with the operations of the computers, and writing my secong "official" log for NOAA. If interested you can find them at the following link:

http://teacheratsea.noaa.gov/2010/altizio/index.html






















No comments:

Post a Comment