Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The rest of the trip towards Seattle has been very nice. The seas have not been too rough, and I am really enjoying the scenery as we go through the inside passage of British Columbia, Canada. The only bad thing is that we are going through some of the best parts at night and I am unable to see them. Last night I was not sure if I was dreaming but I kept hearing the horn of ths ship. Turns out we were going through some thick fog, and the officers needed the horn, to warn other vessels of our position. It was strange, and I am not the only one who thought the sound penetrated my dreams. We will soon be crossing back into the U.S. from Canada. It was cloudy and I could not even see the city of Vancouver as we passed it. No big deal.

Coming home and going back to New Rochelle High School will definitely be a change from the last two weeks. I will never forget the places, people and the science I have been exposed to in my time on the Fairweather in SE Alaska. I will be back in NY in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment